Imagine a parallel universe wherein Mario and Toadstool were nowhere to be found when Smithy came knocking on the proverbial door of Mario's world. Perhaps they were off in another galaxy, fulfilling some other sunshine-filled odyssey. No matter the alternate timeline - somebody must assume control of the situation surrounding the shattered Star Road. And that someone is Waluigi.
Yet, his priorities make any associated fame a mere bonus. With no Toadstool to kidnap, Bowser has shifted his sights to another, Sarasan princess visiting the Mushroom Kingdom at the time of Exor's arrival. With all wishes cast to the wind, there is only one purple-topped antihero up to this task - and he'll even shed his infamous persona just long enough to win his (girlfriend?!) back!
- Waluigi & Daisy replace Mario & Toadstool
- Careful alteration of the script to reflect the lineup change
- Challenge has leveled up; tougher timings, more individual enemy personality
- All party members are more valuable
- Healing, FP and items are more valuable
- Added and improved/retooled many items, weapons and spells
- Better and more balanced minigame rewards
- Clarified many tooltips
- Quality of life bonuses
- Loads of additional secrets and surprises